bad radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Stelrad radiators. I'm in a new build house, didn't notice leaks big radiators until out of builders warrantee. Contacted fitting plumber company who did not want to know contacted 'Stelrad' Andrew Strickland' all they were willing offer was, get a plumber to take radiator off and send them in. It would cost more to do that than buy new.
Problem as my plumber explained is my radiators have split on the welds! Andrew Strickland and 'stelrad' we're not interested. Tried all the usual 'I'll find and excuse if I ask enough questions, play'!
My own plumber will be fitting new radiators NON 'stelrad' ones! I even told them my previous home had radiators 30 year old and no sign of leaks!!
Clearly theirs are of poor quality but they won't admit it, or even bothered to investigate product or their manufacturing procedures. Well I say good look them when their customers go elsewhere. Bad experience!! Would not recommend anybody using their rads if they dont want problems. Go to a company who produces reliable products and cares!!

Sponsored Links
oh, a split? Any rust?

are there bulges in any of them?

Last edited:
I've been fitting Stelrads for over 10 years and never had a single issue with them

Sponsored Links
Robbed3010
Think he is just having a rant :giggle:

If his installer is exchanging every rad,i can only think he is being robbed

Stelrad radiators. I'm in a new build house, didn't notice leaks big radiators until out of builders warrantee.

This seems odd. If you did notice until out of builders warranty (how long, precisely?), they could not have been BIG leaks for very long. I don't see how a weld can separate. Are you sure they are not leaking immediately ABOVE the welds, in which case it is probably not the rads fault as the root cause.

We had 3 stelrads same size that had not been welded on bottom seem now that could have been interesting if we hadnt noticed before filling

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back