ECORAD Radiators. Anybody know anything?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there!

Just joined, although I have been reading this forum everyday whilst doing up my house! Thank you to all those who have posted as I always turn here when I have a problem and tend to find the answer! :D

The plumber came around to fit a new boiler and recommended I change the radiators. The house is a 1930's build and I suspect the rads havent been changed since then.

They aren't in great shape and will need sanding, primer, painting so i have decided to replace them. He recommended ECORAD radiators like the ones on here: http://www.tdlonline.co.uk/Products/Heating/Radiators+and+Valves/tdl_rad

He quoted a lower price for them and said they come with 10 years guarantee. (He is a friend of a close friend, so I don't think he is doing anything dodgy) My question is, should I go with them? or should i insist he fits in Quinns/Myson/Purmo/Stelrad's?

I can't seem to find ANY information on ECORAD, and im not sure that they have a website (ecorad.co.uk seems to be a different company)

Any help would be great and many thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
He recommended ECORAD radiators ...

I can't seem to find ANY information on ECORAD

The only info I can find is a Canadian company, called Ecorad, which refurbishes radiators and EcoRad in the UK which produces electric radiators - think this is the one you found.

The fact that here is nothing available online about the ones you have been recommended would make me very wary about buying them.

Stick to well know brands, e.g Quinn or Stelrad. Both give 10 year warranties.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back