step ladder size.

klb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

This is the first time I've lived on my own so I don't have have any DIY equipment. Unfortunately the light in the bathroom has gone and the ceiling is 9ft 6in and as I'm 5ft 2in I now need a ladder. What size do I need as I've no idea and don't know how to work it out?

What I did discover is how awkward it is measuring the ceiling as the tape measure over a certain height would not stay up so it took me about 20 minutes to measure.

As it's the bathroom you can appreciate it's now awkward having a shower as there's not much natural light and just a light outside on the landing so if anyone knows how to light the bathroom until I get the ladders that would also be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
A 5 tread ladder will get you high enough, though if budget allows a combination ladder will be of more use around the home. I got one for £50 in B&Q during a sale , it can be used as a step ladder , wall ladder or a short platform, a timber over it in platform style makes a useful work bench.

Thanks for the reply.

I'll have to just stick with a normal ladder, £50 is way too much as I'm out of work after being made redundant. I'm hopping to find some online and buy them via a cashback website to get a saving.

Just wish it was summer as it's so dark in the bathroom and it's going to be a struggle just washing my hair

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back