Sterling 10 alarm help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have attempted to move the keypad for the alarm slightly higher due to having new furniture.

Prior to disconnected I entered the engineering code.

Now upon reconnecting the keypad, it is displaying a flashing exclamation mark !, the keypad also is beeping intermittently and also internal sounder is bleeping. I am unable to enter any codes. I have tried both engineering code and the alarm code.

I have checked the fuses and all are working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dibdoo

Sponsored Links
Yes all connected and closed correctly.

The tone coming from the key pad is the same as when there is a power cut, and in this case I press the function key to silence it.

Thank you

how did you check the fuse/s?
how old is your battery?

Do you have a multi meter?

Sponsored Links
Fully down power for 30secs and repower , the sterling 10 is a bit of an odd ball it keeps some of the programming in the keypad
Press function button

page42image136

how did you check the fuse/s?
how old is your battery?

Do you have a multi meter?

The fuses have each been removed and tested with electrical testers.

I am not sure on the age of the battery. We moved in two years ago and the alarm was installed in 2009, so possibly still the original. I assume it is still working as when I remove the main fuse the keypad is still working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back