Sterling 10 burglar alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to omit a zone and have tried following the instructions carefully in the manual. under the paragraph (set with omits). But, the exit timer counts down as its suppose to do. but, counts down forever and a day I then give up. Perhaps I have to go right back to (system set-up). Has anyone any experience of the Sterling 10 alarm that can advise me? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
have you resolved this?

what is the process you are going through?

code
function key or double arrow key
0(space) key
zone numbers to be omitted
function key or duble arrow key to confirm

what is displayed?

Thanks for your reply.

I follow the manual a paragraph titled "set with omits": Press function key, use arrow arrow keys and scroll to: manual says: "omit zone". the screen dosent give that option. It gives "set with omits" so I select that. Press function key the screen displays "set A". Then scroll using arrow keys and scroll through set A,B,C,& D. Press func to accept set required. Enter code i.e: my alarm pin number. It then displays "omit zones". Use arrow keys to scroll through zones when finding zone I wish to omit i.e: loungeF press set then func. exit timer starts counting down with screen displaying Zone8 and counting down goes on and on for a good 4-5 mins. Thats when I give up.

can you advise further? Perhaps, I should select "set system" instead of "set with omits"

Sponsored Links
I am looking at a different manual then.

The user manual page 7 arm with Omits is what I am looking at.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back