Sterling 10 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please,
Im in the process of moving and the home (Council)i'm moving to has an alarm fitted. No instructions were left so i left the damn thing alone.
Yesterday my friend pressed what he thought was a door intercom, The damn alarm went off i was in a panic and didnt know what to do.
I did a search and found a user manual for the streling 10 But the damn thing keeps keeps beeping i cant reset it.
I tried default codes but nothing so i cut off the power and it still beeped and the icon keypad kept flashing so i called the council
The user manual appears to be useless i cant enter anything into the icon keypad
The council came out and told me it wasnt theres but said they could disconnect it, the battery was disconnected and the power supply fuse removed.

Can anyone help me please ?

Sponsored Links
Go back to the Council and get them to fix or get fixed the alarm system fitted in the house you are (renting?) from them.

If no luck there ask for a reduction in your rent, after all, it's a fitting that you are paying for that does not work.

That constant beep is to tell you that the panel has lost power at some point (even though it's been restored). it's not in the manual but if you press the button with 'prog' written on it, it will stop.

The council know nothing about the alarm, its been fitted by the previous tennant.
The alarm sounded for 20 minutes (very loud too) then it started to beep but not as loud, so i thought by turning off the power it would stop :(

I pressed every button on the icon keypad but nothing responded then i called the council.

I read the owners manual but i cant get it to reset :(

Its turned off now but i would really like it on,

If i reconnect will it reset to factory defaults

or do i need some sort of code ?

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Heres the button my friend pressed to set the alarm off, Is there some kind of key or card for this ?
Just to add the alarm was not armed went it went off.

02042010033.jpg

Heres the icon keypad (their are 2 of these )
So what do i do help please.

02042010034.jpg

The thing he pressed was the panic button. There should be a double sided key that resets it. Looking at it, it doesn't look depressed (like the rest of us) as it normally shows red. If you have no key you can take the lid off and reset it manually. Then rearm the whole alarm and if it goes off you enter your code. If it starts that little bleep going then press the function button which on that keypad is the one with the two little triangles. If that doesn't work you need an engineer.

Thanks for the replies, I will try and reset things later today but my problem is I have no access codes. Will try default code.

From looking at the instructions you can only change codes if engineer allowed this ?.

The instructions are a little confusing as to entering codes but will give it a try.
Many thanks.

If you don't have the user code or the engineer manual you won't get very far.

Well after many attempts at trying to reset this alarm i have gave up with it :( , A chocolate teapot would be more more usefull.
I cant find an engineers manual anywhere
Its getting ripped out at the weekend.
Anyone want it absolutely free ? then PM me and i'll post it to you , If not it goes in the bin.
Thanks everyone .

I managed to download an engineers manual for it so problem fixed.
NVM reset and now works perfect.
Thanks again everyone. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back