Sterling Pyroxi 10 sounder not working when tripped

Reaction score
Country
Malta
Hi all,

Need some help. Sterling Pyroxi 10 sounder not working.

A couple of weeks ago I had to remove the outside sounder bell and all the connections attaching to it. Now I tried to install it again putting everything as it was, making sure that all connections are attached to where they should be, but unfortunately its partially working.

When the sounder cover will be open it goes on even when removing its fuse from the alarm main panel. But, when alarming the system and triggering the alarm, the alarm main panel goes on but the outside sounder bell does not. (not blinking nor sound)

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
SM

Sponsored Links
upload_2019-5-11_17-8-9.jpeg

Thank you for your reply.

Here is an photo of what it looks like at the moment. I’ve disconnected the speakers on purpose to avoid waking up the hole neighborhood :)

One more thing i am activating the system as i was doing before this problem.

Sponsored Links
And this is how it was connected before i took the bell apart.

upload_2019-5-11_17-19-15.jpeg

Did it ring when you removed the bell lid ?
Where are you ? Is the panel an export version with relays ? If so was any wires removed at the panel end ?

1. Yes when i open the bell it rings.
2. The bell is located outside on the balcony.
3. As far as i am aware of the panels has no relays
4. I did not remove any wires from the panel only the wires on the bell for disassembly.

Below is a photo of the panel
upload_2019-5-11_18-5-58.jpeg

Does the panel activate ( code needs to be put in to stop panel speaker and second from bottom led lights ) when you take the cover off the bell ?

Yes the panel activates when i remove the bell cover and the temper led switches on.

Ok then ....first step would be ...take lid off bellbox , wedge tamper switch closed ...get a piece of wire with both ends stripped back hold one on B- and the other on BA , it should sound ...if so ...it’s panel , wiring or how you are trying to activate the alarm
Have you tried double arrow up followed by the blue shield ( keypad panic ) this should set off the alarm

Yes i’ve tried the panic mode but same the main panel goes of but not the bell. Will try to bypass b- and ba and let you know.

Ok
What devices do you have on the panel ? Any movement detectors ? Do they light up ? Only other thing I can think of is that some pyronix export panels have relays on the pcb , can you post picture of panel pcb ...

I’ve bypassed b- with ba as you suggested and the sounder does work. I did not disconnect any wires from the panel so wiring problem fro the panel side is impossible. I’Ave cheched and rechecked the wires on the sounder and everything is as was previously. Can you tell me which wire signals the bell to go of coming from the panel? Maybe i’ll check for continuity.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back