Sterling Pyroxi 10 sounder not working when tripped

This is what it looks like
upload_2019-5-11_20-15-8.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-11_20-14-28.jpeg
    upload_2019-5-11_20-14-28.jpeg
    384.9 KB · Views: 118
Sponsored Links
Sorry but i do not understand. Should i bypass b- and ba at the panel?

Hi again

Below to this post i’ve attached the wiring diagram of the main panel to the bell.

What i did is i shorted BA to S- in the main panel and the sounder did not go of. I think that this should sound the bell as these are the same wires at the bell.

Does this mean that i have a broken connection somewhere?

Your help is highly appreciated.

upload_2019-5-12_8-18-43.png

Sponsored Links
Checked the wires for continuity. Everything seems fine. I guess the problem is something else.

Short BA to S- at the panel end as you did at the sounder ... or take the wires out of BA at the panel end and touch on any 0v in the panel ...if it doesn’t ring it’s the wiring ...

There is no B- on the panel as indicated on the wiring diagram above. The wire at the sounder B- is connected to S- in the panel.

Shorted BA to S- in the panel but no sound from the bell.
Even replaced the wires to eliminate any chance of a broken wire

Wiring issues is highly improbable.

Could it be i’ve fried a component or two in the pcb when i was disassembling the sounder as i did not power off the main unit while doing so?

Check fuses , what happens if you take out BA and touch the battery -
Do you have a multi meter ? Put on dc range one probe on B+ one on S- should be around 13.80 dc

Tried to short BA at panel with the negative terminal of the battery but noting happened. Tomorrow i will obtain a meter and check as you suggested. I will give you the readings.

Fuses are fine.

Once again thanks for your assistance.

Dear sparky

I am glad to let you know that the problem was in the cat five cables. After having obtained a meter i made a continuity test of all the cables going to the bell and found that four out of the eight wires were not completing the circuit. Having said that this is not a surprise since the each cable is a single strand and is very brittle and likely to break even were handled gently.

What i done is i connected each cable separately but had to eliminate the probe light since i ended up sort of cables.

Just one last question. Can a single cat five cable handle the load required by the bell or am i at the risk of burning the entire house down?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back