Stickers/decals on textured wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to decorate my 4 year old daughter's room with stickers that can be removed as she gets older. There are plenty to choose from but apparently they won't stick to textured wallpaper.

The room has a dimply orange peel type paper. It looks OK and I don't want to spend too much time/money stripping paper or smoothing the walls. Is it possible to smooth only the bits where the stickers go?

I googled this and found that jointing compound (mud?) can be used for smoothing textured paper.

Will this work?

Sponsored Links
Well I suppose you could, yet when the stickers are removed you would still be left with those filled areas of which you may not be able to remove. Wnen you decide on a re-dec they will stand out like sore thumb, better I would have thought to consider another way of attatching them to the wall. A small blob of blue tack or a little double sided tape perhaps, then careful removal would be possible, by your description whe wallpaper sounds very much like woodchip.

If you go for either of the above when you decide to redecorate you should touch up those areas with oil based undercoat before you apply your emulsion.

Dec

Something I forgot to mention here if the wall paper is already painted then they probably would stick, yet you will still be left with the task of removing them at a later date.

Dec

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back