Sticky pad shower riser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are the sticky pad shower riser kits ok? Would it be best of stickall ing the pads on to the tray or as they sticky enough?

Sponsored Links
Never use them, IMO they're crap, replaced a number of them, as over time they've moved and broke the tray seal.

Better to build a solid wooden plinth with a min 18mm WBP/OSB3 top on it.

Excellent thanks you I will build a base with 4x2 and 18mm wbp ply. Do I need to seal the ply before I put a weak mix of sand and cement on to bed down onto?

Sponsored Links
If it's proper WBP plywood you are using then no, nothing would really be needed.

If it was me tho, I would be tanking the space which includes tanking the plinth top as well as the walls.

Thanks. When building the base with 4x2 timbers would I be ok to pack the 4x2 with 1 or 2mm plastic Packers if needs leveling.

I never use sand and cement ... others swear by it ..... horses for courses. Rapid set, need to be quick with the leveling.

I use a silicon adhesive on lower sections and HQ sealant on others and finishing.

When it comes to leveling then yes you can use packers, I usually use hardboard cut to the same width and length as the wood, just don't leave any gaps where the top could flex. Remember, level as close as possible towards the waste, an odd mill out isn't then end of the world.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back