Sticky residue from vinyl floor tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All - I've looked to see if my question has been raised before and I can't see it, so............I have taken up some vinyl floor tiles from the bathroom. I had to use the heat gun to soften them up or they would just crack and come up in tiny pieces.
Question is - any ideas on how to remove the really sticky black adhesive residue that's left on the floor? I will have vinyl floor covering put down when it is sorted, but I cannot imagine a fitter being able to lay vinyl on such a sticky floor.
I've tried white spirit without success. Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You don't say if you have a concrete subfloor or, chipboard/ floorboards.I'm guessing it's concrete coz of the 'black' adhesive.If I'm correct your flooring guy will have to lay some self-levelling screed in preparation for the top covering.If it is a timber subfloor just lay plywood over it, nailed @ 150mm centres.
mack

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back