stihl Chainsaw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I Have a petrol stihl chainsaw 017 its been working fine , i was useing it yesterday ,put it down to refuel it and now it wont start , i have checked that the fuel is getting through and i have a very good spark at the plug , i have taken air filter out and cleaned it , but it still wont start any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Take the plug out again, and crank the engine over quickly to clear excess fuel.
Then, try for a normal start without priming or choke first but with full throttle.
If still no joy, try full choke and full throttle as usual. This normally sorts things but a spare plug is handy to have!
John :)

hi done all of the above and have replaced with new plug but she still wont fire , she has plenty of comp , it used to put choke on pull once or twice she will catch take choke of and pull again and she would fire up .then move to run and she would be fine , ive never had a problem with this saw
i have changed the plug and checked i have good spark

i have made sure there is fuel getting through
surley there is nothing else that can go wrong , well saying that its obvioues there is as the thing wont start

Sponsored Links
It looks like a carb strip then, but make sure the tank ventilator is free, and the fuel pick up pipe hasn't risen to the top of the tank.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back