Still fs410 strimmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anyone have a idea where I can buy the bit that tightens the handles bars up. I've fully tightened the nut up but the cow bars are still loose making it a pain to use. Any bodges I can do as need to use it tomorrow and anyone one know where I can buy the part needed. Regards david

Sponsored Links
Its probably the 'Tommy Screw' that has lost its thread (part number 4147 790 7501) Its all part of the anti vibration system on this machine.
Can you replace this with an ordinary bolt - and maybe wrapping the cow horns with some tape to increase the diameter slightly?
John :)

Its probably the 'Tommy Screw' that has lost its thread (part number 4147 790 7501) Its all part of the anti vibration system on this machine.
Can you replace this with an ordinary bolt - and maybe wrapping the cow horns with some tape to increase the diameter slightly?
Thanks John not sure it's the thread tbh as I've tightened it so it can't tighten anymore and bars still slip easy. Is there meant to be a shim or anything between the clamps ? Took it apart today and wraps some duck tape round it so it could be used. Ideally I'd like the part so it can be replaced but after couple hours on net last still couldn't find part I was looking for.

Just have a look at www.diyspareparts.com and with luck, there will be a parts diagram there. It sounds like the bar clamp has distorted but I've never come across this on a strimmer.
Has it always done this?

Sponsored Links
Just had a wee thought.....slacken the tommy screw, then fully tighten the two torx screws underneath. Then, tighten the tommy screw.

Just had a wee thought.....slacken the tommy screw, then fully tighten the two torx screws underneath. Then, tighten the tommy screw.
Cheers ,John will try that in the morning. Far as I can remember it's always Ben a bit slack tbh just not as bad as it is now mate regards david

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back