Stinking Bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a bathroom with a very unsavoury smell. At first I thought it was smell wafting through the window from the top of the soil pipe, however I have eliminated that so I think its caused by the following:
The toilet is T'd into the horizontal soil which extends a about 2 foot passed the toilet and is then terminated. The bath outlet is then bossed into the centre of this termination, I think there is a build up of "solids" in this dead end which is causing the problem. Before I go to a load of work is this likely? If it is I will have to remove the dead end and put a right angle connector in, the problem I then have is attaching the bath waste which does not have any leeway as regarding height any ideas - i'm aiming to completely redo the bathroom next winter does anyone have any suggestions on a temporary fix until then? even if its just a really good chemical I could shove down there ....
many thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the seals on the traps in the bathroom?. Perhaps you are loosing the seals in either your bathroom waste trap or the basin trap this would then allow the smells to enter your bathroom.

Sponsored Links
Or an anti-syphon trap. Also make sure that the soil is falling away from the bath trap as like you say soil could be mixing with trap seal causing the stink.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back