Stinking sewer leak unearthed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm really hoping for a bit of advice on this one. After much ripping apart and sorting out other issues, I found out tonight that there has been a sewage leak in the sub floor of the cottage - the ground beneath the floor level. We've just bought the property but it does appear it's been a problem for years. There's no direct sign of obvious leaks, but on disturbing the ground, the sink is overwhelming. Anyone got any advice on how I go about tackling this without major cost? Even a steer on how to go about sourcing the leak would be appreciated. Much thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi
I'm really hoping for a bit of advice on this one. After much ripping apart and sorting out other issues, I found out tonight that there has been a sewage leak in the sub floor of the cottage - the ground beneath the floor level. We've just bought the property but it does appear it's been a problem for years. There's no direct sign of obvious leaks, but on disturbing the ground, the sink is overwhelming. Anyone got any advice on how I go about tackling this without major cost? Even a steer on how to go about sourcing the leak would be appreciated. Much thanks

Do you have a septic tank or are you on mains drainage? This matters.

It's mains drainage. I've still to work out where it runs but surely it wouldn't run under the house??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back