Stock market dealing

Sponsored Links
21%? You're not kidding JD, nothing remarkable at all. Daylight robbery.
64% in one company? 3i group was it? Not now, thanks.
Over 400 companies have done better than 64%.
Or you could have diversified into one 100 company etf and got over 200%.

AMC and BBIG from my 4, I didn't go into again after the trailing stop-losses sold them for me on Monday.
3NVD has slipped 5%, but after going up 554% in a year I'll let it off.
5QQQ is the one I said in Gen Disc you have to sell when it drops - now is one of those times, so that slipped a bit too. Blame microsoft!
Both thos wil juemp if things cheer up.
It's easier to find a stock to buy for the next day or two, not week. Yesterday I had picked Boing, which took off as hoped for.
Rolls Royce was predicted, and performed.

This afternoon I noticed a Chinese car maker Xpeng: It has been getting 2- 3% perday for weeks/months, so It's one I was using. It twitched today and the computer went bong. An eek moment, as I already had 5 figures in it. So I sold a lot of what I had and dumped into it. It finished its run at 40% higher.
Apparently VW bought 5% of Xpeng.
I also had a bundle in Ocado - I told you about that before, and the Short Squeeze:

When Xpeng was slowing down, Ocado was going potty again, so I transferred everything to that - told you so!
1690408404614.png

That was another 16%.
Looking at the way the end of day bell stopped the price going up, it may have further to run.

The banks are all doing OK. So I'm ready for Barclays tomorrow.
I don't suppose there will be such an easy 60% rise for a while. Reminder - the FSCS guarantee covers 85k. (oops)

Bear in mind I'm no good at this. Every day I make a mistake somewhere and there's a what-if.
I only check about once an hour - and miss a few checks.

Last edited:
Over 400 companies have done better than 64%.
Or you could have diversified into one 100 company etf and got over 200%.

If you had a time machine, now that you know who the winners are, you could go back and invest in them.

But you haven't, so you can't.

Perhaps the super investor could tell us in advance what investments he is making so we can see how they actually perform instead of him picking out the plums after their climb and say "I invested it that, aren’t I clever"? He's never picked a wrong 'un and said "Damn, I lost money there", has he?

Sponsored Links
JD -Garbage, to use your word.
Brainless stupidity.
Fake information.
You choose to fail to understand - umbrage I suppose.

I'm not a super investor by any means.
It's not like a horse race. You can watch which horse is running fastest.
You can stop the race any time you like.
You can switch horses any time you like.
You aren't even in competition with the other riders.

If your old nag has got you 1% in a month, and a a hundred others have got 5%, only a bloody fool should be staying with Dobbin.

There's a childlike sentiment that because a person OWNS something, they confer greater value on it. LIke faith in a car manufacturer, or something.
It used to cost you broker's time and various fees to switch from one to another. Now it doesn't.

You even know when the snakes and the ladders are coming.
Results dates are published.
Everyone on the planet can see that META Facebook/(Zuckerberg) results were coming out, right, and great things expected.
Last time Teslas were out, there was uncertainty. They fell somewhat, but they're coming up some now. They peaked at ?298, I sold at 291 (and bought -3xtsla for a bit), they're at about 270 now. Not a disaster if I'd done nothing..

Meta's should be musch bettter The shareprice was rising all yesterday, because everyone without clothears is expecting a jump.
Price closed at 298.76.
They will be up a lot. today.

Mottie what's your problem. You ain't lisnin.
I've mentioned several. AMC? BBIG?
Ocado a couple of days ago. Up a lot. And I repeated yesterday
Totay it hit the stop loss (automatic sell) and I watched it, and rebought. I didn't get all the rise, but in at 873p and out at 973p.

I used CFD, which I don't really like but it fitted. You stake 1/5th(say) of the price and your gain is the delta, times the number of shares.
So I "Staked" £5k. If it had dropped part way up, I could have lost a couple of hundred in the first few minutes but after that I was clear. YOu can hit the "close" button any time, but usually the machine is quicker.
The stake is what they call the margin:
I'll let the chatbot explain it

1690462791657.png

OK?

Ignore the odd graphics:.
The rising blue line on the left is yesterday's
If you make it bigger you should be able to read the numbers

1690463143771.png

5k by coffee time. Zero cleverness or clairvoyance required.

Last edited:
Everyone on the planet can see that META Facebook/(Zuckerberg) results were coming out, right, and great things expected.
I can't because I am not watching. If you know what's coming, why don't you put all your money on it? Seems like a no brainer. I still don't understand the logic of playing games when you can make real money. Is your money all locked up by the bookie's move?

Last edited:
Perhaps the super investor could tell us in advance what investments he is making

I think I've only named one, and I have occasionally mentioned it over several years.

It was particularly relevant to the Brexit calamity. You wouldn't have accepted my opinion anyway.

If you cared, you could have been tracking it for three and a half years.

You even know when the snakes and the ladders are coming.
Results dates are published.
Last time Teslas were out, there was uncertainty. They fell somewhat, but they're coming up some now. They peaked at ?298, I sold at 291 (and bought -3xtsla for a bit), they're at about 270 now. Not a disaster if I'd done nothing..

Meta's should be musch bettter The shareprice was rising all yesterday, because everyone without clothears is expecting a jump.
Price closed at 298.76.
They will be up a lot. today.

I'll let the chatbot explain it

View attachment 309340
OK?

5k by coffee time. Zero cleverness or clairvoyance required.
Do you focus on one aspect of the market or spread your bets across a variety of stocks?

Boring day after Ocado. I left it.
Those other two stocks have come up though, to 9.89 and 14.17 percent, for the 1 day

Do you focus on one aspect of the market or spread your bets across a variety of stocks?
I'm an unprincipled tart, so anywhere which pays. If you know Meta is producing quarterly results, (the dates are published) and Marky is looking smug, you make sure you have some. That was (today) only 4.29 percent because everyone knew about the results. If instead of META you bought "3FB" (short for 3 facebook) , you'd get 3x the change, so 12.87 %. Those leveraged ones are only slightly slow and inefficient (ie you end up with a bit less than 3x) , but they have to do what it says on the tin. (Ditto for Apple, Tesla, Nvidia, Bank of America,.....)
I'm restraining my whims, which is working out better. It's easy to "Like" something and hang on to it. Rolls Royce jumped 30%, but it won't do it again so it''s gone. Microsoft has gone. I'll rebuy at the bottom of its EU induced drop, because it's one which is always likely to jump a few percent for no reason much. Most of the big 7 are nearing the end of their run, now. There are always others.
You can't keep just one forever.
It's also hard to get up for 8 am, (London start), so I'll just use such controls as exist and switch between stocks which are doing OK.
Apple, say, is boring, you got about 10% a month. Every month for the last few months. Others like Nvidia has been ( I have a list) 120% in just over 100 days, but with some gaps. So you'd want to switch to Apple when Nvidia flops. You only need a few, Though you can spread the "chance" for a bit less reward,, you can only use each of your quids in one at a time.
You can pick a stock which responds at about the right rate to the market forces (It's quite a lot of "feedback" systems) for you to get to comfortably
BIg companies swing slower.
Here's typical chart, you can see how it's pretty darned predictable, You can soon learn a bit about the patterns of zags and zigs.

1690496371944.png

If you want, buy low, sell high. Ie, when it changes direction. If it loses its nice shape, use a different stock. Note this is a downtrend overall left to right, but it wouldn't be hard to profit from the rises. Each of those Vs can take hours, or days, or even months, but about the same per stock.

Uptrends are a bit easier.

Now I've started lecturing y'all, I have to add but won't explain - you can use "leverage" to multiply your risk/reward. 5x is standard. (as above) .
And you can make just as much on the falling prices as you can on the rising ones.
You "borrow" (actually hire) the stock when it's at £100, and sell it for £100. Then you buy stock at £80 when the price has dropped, to replace it. You keep £20. That's actually a bit more risky but if you're sensible and apply protections you're ok.

I can't because I am not watching. If you know what's coming, why don't you put all your money on it? Seems like a no brainer. I still don't understand the logic of playing games when you can make real money. Is your money all locked up by the bookie's move?
I think you're being silly on purpose.
Q1 - YOu don't know what's going to happen so you want to spread your chances - or if you like your "risk " of not making much, or anything, on one thing. I shift money around a fair bit.
You can try a ferrari but it might break down. Meta only jumped 9%. A couple of others I'd never even heard of - did a bit more, and a bit less, and and one flopped.
WHen VW bought some of that Chinese car co I was pretty much all in.
Most of the time not much happens so if you're spread a bit you can snag a few unexpected jumps.
It is a game to me because I don't need the money, but it is real money. I had to transfer some out because it was well over the secured amount. It's in my bank account, I checked. Want a phone screen shot?? I've stuck it in a new account.
I think you'd be surprised how many people just accumulate lots of the stuff. Some people only do spread betting, because it's gambling, so not taxed. Sounds a bit hard for me.

They aren't bookies, it's a different model.. If they refuse to let people withdraw they'd 1) be out of business and 2) go to prison.

Last edited:
The week on those cos:
52.38, 32.65, 6.26 and 14.18%
26.4% isn't too bad for a week.

I'm not a super investor by any means.

Mottie what's your problem. You ain't lisnin.

I've mentioned several. AMC? BBIG?
Ocado a couple of days ago. Up a lot. And I repeated yesterday
Totay it hit the stop loss (automatic sell) and I watched it, and rebought. I didn't get all the rise, but in at 873p and out at 973p.
You've got me all wrong mate. I’m listening and I don’t doubt you for one minute!
When I say 'super investor', I'm not referring to you, I’m referring big JohnD who can’t put a foot wrong, according to him. You know, the bloke that rubbishes premium bonds as a 'bad investment' and only for financial fools but regularly posts up that he has, yet again, won money on them. If it gains or wins, JohnD has got it. Never known to suffer a loss yet.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back