Stock market dealing

A note on Bitcoin.
Do a search on Bitcoin Blackstone.

Bitcoin is waiting for a regulatory decision which could well make a "significant" difference to its future.
It might get a whole new level of respectability.

It's a flip of a coin, but the "upside" could go bonkers. DO look at Bitcoin history.
You could multiply your money or divide it by a relatively large number.
In other words, a purchase of £1000 could turn into a few thousand or a few quid. If you put some zeroes on the end of that the same applies.

I can't predict it, but Blackstone is huge and serious, and they're getting there, we're told. JFKjr getting involved too.

This is not financial advice!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You've got me all wrong mate. I’m listening and I don’t doubt you for one minute!
When I say 'super investor', I'm not referring to you, I’m referring big JohnD who can’t put a foot wrong, according to him. You know, the bloke that rubbishes premium bonds as a 'bad investment' and only for financial fools but regularly posts up that he has, yet again, won money on them. If it gains or wins, JohnD has got it. Never known to suffer a loss yet.
Sorry fellah, I misunderestimated your gist.
It's easy to not lose anything - put your money in NSI.

Leaving your money in one thing because it sounds good and has made modest gains, may suit you.
Even a pious "investor" shifts his money. A dirty "trader" just does it more often. Same difference.
If the piety means not doing as well but you're happy with that, fine.

You can let someone else make the decisions, which may be best for benefit/risk.
They can alter the review period to suit market volatility and sentiments.

There are many now saying there's an imminent collapse - more than there were a month ago, so behave appropriately.

Hindsight is cheap. 64% in a year beats inflation.
But somewhere through that year, a monthly look at things doing this might have made you think "Oh": and not feel quite so smug: If you'd popped in for even 3 of the last 6 months....
1690721389800.png

What is your yearly return based on that? Also, are we looking at real or pretend money?
The maths you mean?
If (big if) you managed 26 percent for 50 weeks, you would multiply your investment by

1.26 to the power 50 which is times 104358.
So from a tenner to a million.
--
Real money.

I suggested a Game, where you make a punt for a week. That's not real money unless you invest in it.
---

Intel results last week were good, as predicted Several of the tech stocks jumped on good news. Looking for possible slow beneficiaries... will edit....

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I suggested a Game, where you make a punt for a week. That's not real money unless you invest in it.
If I were to play such a game, and given your stated performance, I would just copy trade you. No other approach would make sense. Since I don't know you, or seen proof of your performance, or know your motivations, it makes no sense for me to put any money on it. The question on my mind is what is a big swinging dig like you doing wasting time playing games instead of making the $$$$'s? I never saw gordon gecko needed to play games. His every call/deal was real:

Last edited:
If I were to play such a game, and given your stated performance, I would just copy trade you. No other approach would make sense. Since I don't know you, or seen proof of your performance, or know your motivations, it makes no sense for me to put any money on it. The question on my mind is what is a big swinging dig like you doing wasting time playing games instead of making the $$$$'s? I never saw gordon gecko needed to play games. His every call/deal was real:

If you don't understand something, ask, don't take the P and throw insults from a position of ignorance.
It makes you look a jerk.
I suggested the game just for a bit of fun. Nobody joined. OK? Two were lucky educated guesses. You're the only one going on about it.

If you read the press you can get a good idea what might jump, you don't always get it right.

I'm trying to be patient with you but there are limits.

Look - simple screenshot last Friday, list of results of pop stocks. The numbers in GREEN are Friday's increase.
My approach might be to have something in all of these overnight, because they tend to jump on opening, so if one goes up several percent you get a share of it.
Then watch them all and react if one starts rising. In Friday's case it was Nio. OK? Often it's all in the first minutes there's a rise you can't catch - it's gone before you see it. So you hope the rise is sustained

Rises happen because rises happen. It's positive feedback. You buy the stocks which are rising, so they rise, so people and computers see the rise, and they rise more. Then people cash-in, at different points. You get indicators eg like VOLUME showing you when the bull (up) run is running out of steam. If the sellers volume is low, you can stay in longer, if it rises rapidly, sell. There are other indicators.
here:
1690742732205.png

Look at the daily percentage rises , 4.32% down the column to 6.57%
On Friday I did spend part of the time with Nio.
It was hardly a surprise - here's the week's chart with the days marked:
1690743218809.png

I didn't spend all day in it because other stocks were doing better. for part of Friday.

Repeat - if you don't own the stock the day before, you don't get the rise in the first candle, or two.
So on Tuesday, if I'd noticed by 2 or three candles that it wasn't doing anything, I'd have been in something else. Those candles are 15 minutes wide, so it's not too frenetic. Looking on 1 minute candles, it can be.
With a bit of time you would switch to this derived fund,. It's a bit awkward to use , buy and sell timewise, but the numbers don't lie.
1690744335476.png

Read the daily, weekly and monthly rises.

I also uses XPEV and others on Friday. Why? Because it's another electric vehicle company, as are Lucid, Rivian, Tesla. They tend to do well together. SO you keep looking at a chart like this:
1690746297183.png

Which shows you live data - most recent changes. So if one goes flat you can jump. Or not bother and wait until it comes back.
Note the 1 hour, 15minute, 1minute etc changes.

I'm tryng to get it across that with something pretty predictable making 133% in week, without you doing anything whatsoever other than buy some, hav a look.

I will leave some in funds like this from day to day, but I'm, mindful that things could collapse to I don't really want to leave things open.

You are patient could be because I am the only one you get to talk to. Other adults here probably been there, done it, and lost their t-shirts, and so they don't find it interesting.

I can think of nothing to ask. I only believe what I believe and nobody can convince me otherwise. If they could, I have no trouble giving credit.

What is your purpose then, to teach people for free how to turn £10 to £1m in one year? Won't the owner of the money mind you taking their million? I know of no one who willy-nilly-ly gave away £1m just like that. When I was a school boy, I could not get on the bus because I was a penny short. So my life experiences are pretty harsh, and I am unable to see the possibility of strangers giving me money just like that.

Don't flatter yourself so, I answered because you were wrong and pitiable.
teach people for free how to turn £10 to £1m in one year?
What would be so wrong with that?
I've only managed to double in about 5 weeks which would fall short, though many could do it. Not you of course.

I'm not otherwise going to respond further to sneering, drivelling, waste of a human body, sort of people.

Last edited:
What would be so wrong with that?
Having no takers would indicate something. Perhaps the typical DIY'er is too experienced and worldly for that. I absolutely cannot do it. When I play with the bookies, it's usually a marathon match. In the end they lose and they get angry.

Oil and gas are something else to use, and the price predictions are regularly on the news. 3x Brent crude has earned £500 from 10k in 2 days,(y)

Caught a slight cold on some resullts not being as predicted,, but the other 2 tried were OK. Even the experts get it wrong, but Zacks is worth looking at.
Rolls Royce surprised by a good announcement a few days ago (as did Ocado I mentioned) so it has been worth putting "alerts" on their prices.
(That's along with a dozen others, so the PC or phone chirrups all day).

In the last couple of days RR did this - very nice of it to give all a warning.
If you expand it you'll see it played out over a whole day, so no rushing about.
I'll repeat what I said above - you can set alarms and a "trailing stop loss" which will sell for you if the price gets down to say 1% or 2% of the highest it has been. It has a hair-trigger, so can cut off before you would have chosen if you'd been around, so if you have enough riding on it it's worth being there as well. Set say 3% low so it won't accidentally trigger, if you're away, eating, feeding the cat....

Bought around where you see the blue candles developing up - in the circle area.
In the yellow sort of area, you can sell and wait, or ride it out. In this case, not sellling would have been fine. If you sell and then buy again, there is the suboptimal timing you would have used. Also, you lose the difference between the buy and sell prices, here shown as the red and green horizontals at the top. It's fairy tight.
On this screen, one figure is 1.000098 times the other. Selling and rebuying looking at finer timing, would have been profitable.

If you sell a proportion when it's flat,, you hedge your bet.
Bottling it and choosing to sell and rebuy, at about the level arrowed, lost me about 0.05%.

I prefer to start with a lesser amount and then go in further if/when the trend strengthens; it reduces the cost of a sudden drop. (You look at finer timescales than shown here).

1691244840350.png

Overall using average 10k, leveraged x 5 so effectively 50k, going from 181.5 to 200 produced 10%.

That's £5000 for being vaguely awake, and near a phone or pc.

----------------------

And the other thing - there was a universally predicted interest rate change. They happen frequently, the results are to a good extent predictable, otherwise they wouldn't happen.
It might be a bigger or smaller effect than you expect, see here but , it's gonna happen.
It's like exchanging holiday money
Yusef in Turkey is going on holiday to Switzerland.
The exchange rate is 30 T.Lira to 1 CHF-swiss Franc.

So he changes say 60,000 TL to 2000 CHF.
Everything is too expensive so he doesn't spend any money.
When he changes it back, the TL has devalued, due to an interest rate change, so it's 33TL to 1 CHF.
He goes home with 66000TL.
So he's happy - back in Turkey land, he's better off by 6000TL. That's a couple of hundred quid.

So next time he goes, he puts a couple of zeros on the end , and he makes £20 grand. (Obviously , countries impose limits.)

See? Now, the leverage rate on Forex dealing isn't 5x, as in Rolls Royce, above, it's 30x

Here's a chart:
1691248560996.png

The announcement was the middle of Aug 3rd, as predicted. The amount was as predicted, too. (0.25%)
So, say 126.6 to 127.6 (it was higher later and should continue to rise, the article explains why).
You "sell" before the interest change. It's just a different button - you can buy or sell, you don't actually have to own the $...

So the same sum as above (126.7/126.6 ) on 10k x 30 = efectively 300k, is £2369. On a predictable event . That was ok for this time.
The £/$ exchange fee is "round trip" 0.5% of £2369, on the platform I'm using, so £11.84. No other cost.

I was wrong above - the platform BOT got it wrong, you only pay a forex fee on the profit, not the lot.

I've had enough chasing shares, it's too fickle. Yes it's nice to get up and discover some stock some bloke recommended won you 10% because its results were good, but some don't come off.
I'm finding I can leave a "position " set up on other than the latest fad stock and leave it - all day if necessary. you don't have to be clever at all.

My brother called today, saying how chuffed he was to have locked 100k away for 2 years at Aldermore. Six point something percent.
OK, so he'll get 14k or something.
I asked if he'd heard gas and oil were going up. Oh, sure, he said. It was on the radio last week. . I asked if he had any more cash to earn from. Yes, about 50k.
Well when I heard that on the Beeb, I thought hmm. I put 25k in this gas thing. It's called 3NGL, it works off the gas price.
1691622354541.png
It has earned me, all by itself 50%. That's about as much as his 100k will get locked up for 2 years.

If newspaper tips can produce profits, then it's rather odd that the newspaper men don't put their own money on it and get endless riches without work. I can sense straw grasping.

Oh they do put their money on it.
Here's the trading platform notice about the upcoming Results coming out.
1691800463148.png

Note that it wwas before the end of the day - the day shown the 10th, is above , ie after it.
So that notice was "yesterday" in relation to today's chart, below.
That means everyone had a reminder of the results coming out - whch is published for the whole year.

I had until 9pm (NY close) to look up IonQ. They're a Quantum computing mob who aren't making money yet.

So IGNORED that one
But I did check the price at market opening (2:30pm) today.

1691800019962.png

The price had jumped already, from about $14.22 (on the right) to $15.70 or so.
There was good volume, ie much interest, so at about 2:50pm (ie lots of time to check...)
I did the usual for a small risk and quick profit - stuck 2k on it in the green circle

Obviously that advanced know-all bloke above would know all about what happens next.

You sell, when the e Volume turns south and the chart turns over (ie the wiggly line goes down). It's always possible the thing will go on rising, but in a sutuation like the above you take your money, somewhere in the red box.
So lets say the purchase was at $16 (It could have been at $14.22, if I'd bought yesterday)
and the sale was at $17.2.

As explained in an earlier post (Know-all will already be ahead of me inexplaining this),
the $2k is leveraged at 5:1
1691801475101.png

so you get $10k of shares at $16 (675 shares) and sell when they're at $17.2.
So you - sorry not you, , "I" made
675 x (17.2-16) = $750.

I don't know about you, but I reckon that was a straw worth grasping. A decent start if someone hasn't tried yet.
(Risk is indicated by the distance vertically between the red and green lines - that's what you'd lose if you pulled out immediately you sarted)

Wheaton also went up about 3% in the couple of hours after opening, so that was about another $225.
Gevo I was late with, but cleared $100. Those wewre all a bit lucky, it's common that after the opening jump. there's nothing further, so if no upslope, no buy.

That's say $1k in a couple of hours.

There was more I didn't bother with.

I mentioned gas /OIl, and you can see I was using Oil from the "alert" above.
It messed around a bit, so I only got about 0.4%, in one stretch.
I'm using £50k on that so I'm a bit more careful
Still, 50k leveraged at 10:1, (commodities are more than stocks) x 0.4% was £20k.

Overshadowed a bit by the 50% natural gas went up in the last ~4 days. I'll let you do the sums.

I'm still following oil, as It's likely to rise properly, but for the weekend I'm mostly out of the market.

For Monday there's LICY, DOYU, MNDY, CNM and PAGS, with HUT 8. (And Brent Crude and WTI .)

That last one is interestng, It's a Canadian co with a load of huts (originally 8?) housing bitcoin-mining supercomputers. Like a farmer's field full of them. I looked into how that works - not very hard. It would take the average PC a very long time to make anything much! That's why NVIDIA stock has done so well, they make the fastest computers, intended for gaming.

Sponsored Links
Back