Stone wall lintel

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Hi I have a 60cm thick stone wall which is single story house and I need to put a couple of windows in it , the stone just has mud between them , the windows only needs to be a meter wide with a 1 m column left between them . I have a large petrol cutter and acrows ect but I've never cut a hole or put a lintel in this sort of wall before. I do know that the outer and inner part of the wall is quite big stone ( the size of a water melon and some are the same shape lol) with the center filled with smaller bits and all held together with mud , the walls are very strong and sturdy. There will be about 55cm of stone left above the lintel and then the long timber beam. So if anyone has had some experience with this sort of job and can give me some pointers it will be really appreciated as I've been putting this job off for over four years and my wife isn't happy.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back