Stopcock does not work

Sponsored Links
Pipework look pretty old and £ucked. Need to get main communal stopcock off to avert ending up having to do this in an emergency capacity.

Send the photos to your managing agent and ask them to sort out isolation at least, or they could share the cost of getting a new stopcock onto the pipework at some point where the thread can be undone on an elbow or straight threaded coupling somewhere.

Not a DIY job on pipework this old and crusty.

I'm going to have to speak to the managing agent tomorrow anyway, we've discovered another (this makes 3!) water source coming into the flat.

The new one is in 2" galvanised steel pipe which runs floor to ceiling with one spur coming off it.

The spur goes to copper after a (leaking) stopcock, which then disappears behind the sink- presumably to nowhere.

I've been upstairs and checked with the two flats above me- neither of them use it, or the soil stack it runs alongside.

Just need to check with the flat beneath, and then turn it off at the tank, then cut it and cap it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back