Stopcock leaking again!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My stopcock is leaking again, I would normally just swap it for a new good quality one. But I’m on a shared water main and my neighbour who is awkward (to say the least)

The tap was fitted about 9 years ago, and it’s never been used, but it's dripping at the stem.

What are the rules on turning off a shared main it would be off 15min max.

Sponsored Links
Show us a pic of the stopcock. It sounds like the leak is from the spindle ,and may just need the gland nut tightening up a bit ,which doesn't require water to be turned off.

My stopcock is leaking again, I would normally just swap it for a new good quality one. But I’m on a shared water main and my neighbour who is awkward (to say the least)

The tap was fitted about 9 years ago, and it’s never been used, but it's dripping at the stem.

will do, I'll take a pic tomorrow (y)

Sponsored Links
You need to explain to your neighbour(s) of your intentions of shutting off the water supply. Sometimes you need permission to use a boundary stopcock for your water undertaker, even in an emergency. Sounds like it is just the gland that needs doing. Failing that, you could use a freeze kit, but in colder weather.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back