stopcock

M

mac2or3

My father has just had a stopcock fitted to isolate is outside tap in cold weather. It looks to me if it has been fitted the wrong way round because the arrow on the body of the stopcock is not pointing in the the direction of the flow of water. The stopcock seems to be turning water supply on and off ok but is it likely to cause problems .ie leak .Can anbody help ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I wouldn't worry then. Its no more likely to leak than if fitted the other way around.

Must admit, I did exactly the same thing myself recently. :oops:

Eagle-eyed customer spotted it a week later. Must have had the magnifying glass out.

Wouldn't listen when i said it would make no difference. Made me change it!

maybe whitespirit was thinking the op was talking about a ball-o-fix?
the design of a stopcock makes it obvious you can't reverse it.......

this is a normal stopcock with a crutch handle not a ball-o-fix and is definetly fitted wrong way round but at moment seems to be working.Is the jumper likely to jam shut when water is turned back on in a few months time ?

this is a normal stopcock with a crutch handle not a ball-o-fix and is definetly fitted wrong way round but at moment seems to be working.Is the jumper likely to jam shut when water is turned back on in a few months time ?

quite possibly, it needs altering i'm afraid - best do it before it's an issue, presumably the mains stopcock works (it is off the mains right?), in which case it should be a 5 minute job to sort it out. famous last words..........

Looks like I'll have to change it then . I was just a bit worried it might start leaking around the handle spindle if left the wrong way round due to water pressure .Thanks for the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back