Stopping Christmas Lights getting tangled

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got 1000 Christmas lights and they all end up knotted and tied up, can't get them free. What's the best way to store them to prevent this?
20231221_181256.jpg
20231221_195242.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I use a piece of cardboard and wrap around , longer the lights bigger the cardboard .
Or long postal tubes , lower lights in , since there is no wrap less chance of a tangle .

Snapped some of the wires because pulling them off a hedge, tried to reconnect but couldn't get them working

I use a piece of cardboard and wrap around , longer the lights bigger the cardboard .
Or long postal tubes , lower lights in , since there is no wrap less chance of a tangle .
Do u cut slots in the ends to put the wires?

Similar idea - I use a piece of stiff cardboard, with a V cut at each end. Start winding it on from the furthest end from the PSU, then come the following year, you can just test it by plugging in, before you unwind and install.

well as the led's need dc once they are broken, you have to work out which is the positive on each segment or you will damage the led's and let out the magic smoke.

Christmas lights are self tangling, so leave them strung out somewhere, or, more sensibly be ready to un tangle them next Christmas, happy christmas.

Wrap them in a ball, they never tangle. Dispense by putting the ball in a bucket.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back