Stopping smoking

Sponsored Links
notb665 said:
You can smoke cannabis without using tobacco.

Pardon me, my age is showing. We experienced rather more resin than bush and knocking up a J in public places was one thing; passing a bong was pushing your luck.

Why do I now feel I should end with 'and we could go to pictures, get fish and chips, buy a pint and still have 2d left' :rolleyes:

bethrob99 said:
jbonding said:
i gave up smoking cigs 3 years on 1 jan, ive smoked cigs for 20 years and weed for about 7 and gave up the cigs but carry on with the weed. im 34 and thoght ive been smoking cigs more then half my life and im only 34 :eek: I know what your thinking i still smoke weed so i smoke and your right but if you cut out the 20 cigs on top then i think its a big accomplishment in my life considering ive been doing it for more than half my life.

Did you not notice a sizeable increase in your weed usage then? When I tried that route I was permanently stoned. Similarly when I tried the 'I'll only smoke when I'm drinking' I was heading towards alcoholism. BTW do you still buy your own baccy for the spliffs?

Anyway, I haven't murdered anybody, so far even though I have to worry about the weight gain as well. I have discovered there are only 150 calories in a kg of pickled silverskins - anyone know what the calorie content of Gaviscon is?
I've tried exercising but I feel like I'm suffocating on fresh air. How long before that eases?

I daren't use the 'I'll wait an hour method' again. There are 3.600 seconds in an hour and I tick every one off until sparking up time. If I fall off the wagon, it'll be ages before I have the stamina to have another go. I know its not impossible – my grandmother went from 60 a day to nowt purely by willpower

And Joe - I did once smoke a cigar, a King Edward Imperial, provided by a BF. It's really difficult trying to be kewl while turning a delicate shade of green. Maybe aversion therapy would work but with my luck I’d be on 20 Hamlet a day by the end of the week

Oh yes ;) I get stoned of weed which i enjoy but got nothing of cigs so that was another reason for giving up. :LOL:

I gave up 6 years ago after smoking for over 40 years.
Never touched one since and I havn't missed them in the slightest.
Dead easy.

O yeh you probably want to know how I did it!
Out playing golf one day , walking up the 13th hole, honest , when I had a massive heart attack. With a lot of luck I survived that and the subsequent triple heart by pass.
On that day I realised I wasn't going to get a second chance, and after seeing others in hospital less lucky than me, the choice was dead easy.
I dont want to sound like one of those born again christians but if you have any doubt visit your local hospital and ask to see the patients who are in there with smoking related problems.
Good luck

Sponsored Links
bethrob99 said:
I did once smoke a cigar, a King Edward Imperial, provided by a BF.
Hmmmm.

Did he watch you smoke it with a strange look of interest on his face? :eek:

ban-all-sheds said:
bethrob99 said:
I did once smoke a cigar, a King Edward Imperial, provided by a BF.
Hmmmm.

Did he watch you smoke it with a strange look of interest on his face? :eek:

Not as I recall but said BF did subsequently move to the good ole US of A. Wonder who he hangs out with these days, mmmm

drspock said:
O yeh you probably want to know how I did it!
Out playing golf one day , walking up the 13th hole, honest , when I had a massive heart attack. With a lot of luck I survived that and the subsequent triple heart by pass.
On that day I realised I wasn't going to get a second chance, and after seeing others in hospital less lucky than me, the choice was dead easy.
I dont want to sound like one of those born again christians but if you have any doubt visit your local hospital and ask to see the patients who are in there with smoking related problems.

Oddly this doesn't work for everybody. Someone I knew very well was orphaned by the time he left school; his father's death from lung cancer and mother's from heart attack. Twenty years later he had his first heart attack and gave up smoking - for a while. He was heavily into cigars when he transfered his allegiance back to cigarettes. He died from massive heart attack in 2004.

I suggest you give up dope for a while as well - you can always come back to smoking that neat at a later, nicotine free time. And I repeat :-

Read Easyway to Stop Smoking by Allen Carr.

Lol.

keyplayer said:
I suggest you give up dope for a while as well - you can always come back to smoking that neat at a later, nicotine free time. .

I already did some years ago. :)

keyplayer said:
And I repeat :-

Read Easyway to Stop Smoking by Allen Carr.

Lol.

And I read that, too. It worked for a friend but not for me. :(

Oh well, I hear The Priory's very good, as long as you don't mind putting up with self piteous celebrity type morons.

bethrob99 said:
notb665 said:

Pardon me, my age is showing. We experienced rather more resin than bush and knocking up a J in public places was one thing; passing a bong was pushing your luck.

Why do I now feel I should end with 'and we could go to pictures, get fish and chips, buy a pint and still have 2d left' :rolleyes:

Resin: yeurgh. I would never smoke that rubbish. A farmer's sweat, skin cells, old tyres, pollen, turps, mouse droppings.

I hear that you can roll pure 'bush' (as you call it), and while it may not stay lit as well as tobacco due to the lack of salt-petre/potassium nitrate, it's better than smoking nicotine which is just nasty.

notb665 said:
bethrob99 said:
notb665 said:

Resin: yeurgh. I would never smoke that rubbish. A farmer's sweat, skin cells, old tyres, pollen, turps, mouse droppings.

I hear that you can roll pure 'bush' (as you call it), and while it may not stay lit as well as tobacco due to the lack of salt-petre/potassium nitrate, it's better than smoking nicotine which is just nasty.

I gave up resin 6 months before cigs and stayed on the bud the amount of shirts i ruined. a bit of advise dont iron a shirt with a spliff in your mouth :LOL:

i was in new york last year and shared a spliff with a guy with pure weed, id tried it in amsterdam before but passing it backwards and forwards after a few drags gave you a good buzz rather than sat there smoking alone :cry: . maybe i got caught up in New York :LOL:
LOVED IT :LOL:

Well I did give it up and never even missed it after about 3 months. I even survived an all inclusive week in Tobago without smoking - not bad when you consider I was drinking my first beer at 10am on the beach.

I have had the odd relapse at a bbq here and a party there but in total didn't smoke more than about 20 fags in 15 months.

Did I feel better - err yes and no. I joined Bupa with the money I saved not smoking and it never felt like I'd eaten cat poo in the morning. But I did (still have) loose my sense of taste and didn't really feel any different, sure I liked the fact I could visit the bank manager and not be thinking after about ten minuets GOD I NEED A FAG. But overall haven't really felt any benefits.

About 3 weeks ago I decided to loose my ever inflating mid section, bought a bike and started juicing and buying cigars. I don't no why I just thought the odd cigar here and there will do me no harm.

As I lay here in the bath smoking my 3rd Wintermans of the day, it dawned on me. I am a smoker again, of course I think I am in control but the ashtray doesn't agree.

I will be using Bupa to sort out my taste buds and I have learned an important lesson, once a smoker always a smoker.

To all you smokers out there, learn from my mistake -if you give up smoking - never try to loose your mid section!!!!

Sponsored Links
Back