Stopping wooden fence panels chattering in the wind

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Concrete posts and they rock around a bit. I'm thinking of cutting out wood wedges to stop them movingb about unless anyone has any better suggestions?

Sponsored Links
If you wire them together, just some galvanised wire stapled along the top, middle or bottom rail, or even more than one rail, it not only prevents them from being lifted up, but also stops some of the chattering in the wind.
Just pull the wire a bit taught as it passes the posts.

If the posts are rocking (as you say) then you need to tamp in some concrete or post mix. If you mean the panels rock then as stated above or put some tapered wedges in at the top of the post

Sponsored Links
My posts are steady but my panels where very noisy in the wind, I cut some wedges that were quite tight and hamered them in, this fixed it for about a month unitl they all fell out, put them back again and screwed them into position, still OK now after about a year

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back