Storage heater control knobs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone any good suppliers of such items - heaters are fine but control knobs knackered.

Usually use a well known supplier in Lancashire but at £6 a pop they seem expensive for a bit of plastic about the size of a 20p piece.

Computer firewall will probably explode if I Google on "knobs"!!

Sponsored Links
Exactly the one - always gives excellent service and great for older parts but expensive in this instance - client is a little old lady - don't want to give her a heart attack with the price - or else I'll never get paid!

Got this in my little black book as spares for Dimplex & Creda, never used them though.

http://www.torreelectrics.co.uk

You might get a comparison price although I have to admit I don't think £6 is too bad really. Spares prices are always well inflated.

Sponsored Links
Aside - have you verified the knob the dial fits over will turn?

If it is the charge controller they turn relatively ok.
If it is the room thermostat, the older Creda seized very easily and the plastic knob relies on a simple flat of metal against the keyed shaft. The plastic deforms outwards causing the knob to slip.

You probably know this, but just in case otherwise it gets more expensive!

Try Ebay, there are often lots of knobs on there :)

Thanks Stem - they are on my list as well but nothing doing.
Thanks Jason - the thermostat and boost control (fancy name for a metal flap in this case) both turn easily especially now I've freed the flap mechanism.

I'll try EBay - no point trying a certain other forum that seems to have nothing on it these days but knobs with smileys on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back