New storage heaters

I've just noticed this one.

I think you may be rather out-of-date. Until around 3 years ago, tariffs with day/night ratios of around 3:1 were not unusual. However, today on has to look quite hard to find even 1.5:1.

As nocturnal EV charging (hence nocturnal demand) increases, one imagines that the ratio will eventually 'flip' to the situation in which daytime electricity becomes cheaper - which has the potential to throw a spanner into the works of the storage heater market!

Kind Regards, John
I'm also predicting this one, which was the final reason for the panel heater in the bedroom and not fitting the second heater in the lounge. At the moment that property is on 18.71p/6.84p which is a little over 2.5:1

Sponsored Links
I'm also predicting this one, which was the final reason for the panel heater in the bedroom and not fitting the second heater in the lounge. At the moment that property is on 18.71p/6.84p which is a little over 2.5:1
That's an unusually high ratio these days, but that might partially be because of the relatively high 18.71p day figure. As I said, I'm currently around 1.5:1, but (without looking it up) the day rate is, if I recall correctly, only about 15p.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back