Storage heater in bathroom - possible / advisable ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a bathroom with no radiators and a spare 1kw storage heater doing nothing. I've also got recently (2010) rewired wiring for a 2kw immersion heater with its own fused on/off switch in the bathroom airing cupboard. This is wired to a new consumer unit on Economy 7.

Firstly, is it realistic to put the small storage heater in the bathroom and secondly, could I run a few metres cable around a door frame and into the airing cupboard to connect to the now spare immersion heater wiring / socket.

Sponsored Links
I have a Part P guy coming to do the electrical work but I would be repositioning the heater. No sweat as done that loads of times before. I just have the wiring there from another device and it seems logical to use it as it was for a higher rated device.

Switches are on Economy 7 which has its own consumer unit and not timed at the appliance.

No idea what its IP rating is or whether it has one but it is pretty far from any water and the electric cable even further away. Where it will join the house electric is in an airing cupboard which currently houses the 3kw immersion heaters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back