Old economy7 question!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've just bought my first home last month. The house used to run on economy 7 but I believe now it's on a normal tariff and the heaters are now electric heaters not storage ones. I'm not totally sure how it works but the old economy 7 sockets appear to be blanked off. I recently installed a small dimplex fan heater in the bathroom and wired it into a fused switch up on the wall but it only works on economy 7 times. Question is, is there a way to make that circuit life all the time?

Sponsored Links
Yes - contact the supplier to have E7 removed.

You need to do this anyway as the day rate is higher with E7.

The house used to run on economy 7 but I believe now it's on a normal tariff and the heaters are now electric heaters not storage ones.
If that is the only heating for your house, you need to look at either having new storage heaters installed to use the cheaper night electricity, or a gas/oil/other heating system instead.

Using electric heaters on a normal tariff will be ridiculously expensive.

We've been told we are already are on normal tarrif.

We're not there during day at all so it's only a little bit of heat at night. I honestly can't see it costing anything more than if we had storage heaters.

What I'm saying is cant I just utilise the old circuit in the house where the old storage heaters used to be wired in? Surely it can just be wired up to the normal fuse box like the rest of the sockets?
Sorry if I confused you, the new heater I put in doesn't work at all. At anytime.
(At the minute the circuit is not live)

Sponsored Links
It might be possible to move this circuit to the 'peak' fuse board, but it will need to be tested first, checks made regarding bonding and supplementary bonding plus of course there needs to be capacity in the board.

A job for an electrician I think

SB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back