storage heaters not very warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we have storage heaters in our flat and we are on system 7 which heats them over night anl lets it gradually during the day. The only thing is that they are not warm enough by any means and the settings are up full whack, am I doing anything wrong?

Sponsored Links
Storage heaters were never efficiant, you are notcing the difference now because it is really cold

There are two types of storage heaters, manual (allowing you to adjust the input and output of the heater and automatic - you leave the heaters input and output set at the level specified. The heater incorporates a sensor at its base which measures the room temperature and adjusts the input and output accordingly. If you remove the cover (ensuring the power supply is disconnected) you may find on the little circuit board the option to alter the heaters setting from 18 to 21 degrees. I live in a house heated solely with storage heaters, and find they are very efficient if the house is well insulated. During last winter only the heaters downstairs and one on the landing provided enough heat to maintain 21 degrees until about 2230.

Sponsored Links
I too once lived in a house with them and they were fine.

It could be that the elements in the heaters are not all heating up because they are knackered or connections aren't brilliant.

Is it a constant temp all over or are parts hot and parts not so hot?

If there is a diffrence it's probably your elements.

How old are they?

If they are over 10 years get them serviced by the manufacturer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back