Storage rack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any advice or views on the following is appreciated.
Use= holding hardware items more neatly and compact.

Ive started making a cheap rack stand, fashioned on the old 19inch rack system sort of. Its just 4 chipboard shelves, 15 inch wide, together with 4 corner laths of 2 1/4 by 1 inch. wood.
A bit weak but only 43 inch high. I will put a back on to make more stable. This should take the pc-printer-speakers-power supplies- backup- and paper files, if it dont fall over! I can screw hardware under the shelves and hide cables. Well that's the plan.
Any ideas on this-strenthening, and the finish of- type paint or stain would be welcome.

( Edited- Ok thanks- not an interesting subject I suppose- however I have found some great metal corner (L) brackets at wickes, just 2 by 2 inch which will brace the structure also using double lap joints- wood to chipboard). :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back