Storing mitre saw on a suitcase?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a nice mitre saw which I want to keep I my flat (incase someone breaks into garage). I was going to build a box but would a cheap suitcase be good? Could through some other tools in as well.

Sponsored Links
Got a nice mitre saw which I want to keep I my flat (incase someone breaks into garage). I was going to build a box but would a cheap suitcase be good? Could through some other tools in as well.

You would to be very lucky to find a suitcase of just the right size, which was rigid enough too.

Why not add an alarm system to the garage? Is it too far away? Set something up so the alarm uses a mobile network to ring you if someone breaks in.

Try a flight case.
However the cost is likely going to outweigh the value of your saw.

If you can find a case, or any storage container then go for it, but only store the mitre saw in it.
If you start putting all sorts of tools in then your either never going to get it on top of the wardrobe (or wherever) or it will be a struggle to get it down.
Get another smaller one for your smaller hand tools that you are more likely to need more often.

Sponsored Links
Try a flight case.
However the cost is likely going to outweigh the value of your saw.

There are cheap ones on ebay, although a mitre saw is tall for a flight case or suitcase.

What about a really useful box with a couple of straps around to keep the lid secure? RUBs are only about £20 for a biggie.

No a MItre saw is not too tall for a flight case.
There are many different sizes of case, they are not all just suitcase sized.

Here is one that it too big :)

This one may be just right.

Depends upon the size of the mitre saw.
Or this, depending upon the saw size.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back