Buying a Mitre Saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the market for a new mitre saw for my workshop. I've got up to £250 to spend. After looking around I'm more confused than ever and your advice is apreciated.

I initially looked at a Dewalt DW707 which looks a pretty robust saw but busts the budget slightly. But since then have had a look at a Makita unit LS1040 which is a lot cheaper.

I like the idea of having a Laser guide(available for DEWALT) and see Rexon are keen on this (are they any good)

Also into the mix we have many other manufacturers so any opinions are apreciated.

Finally screwfix have an Erbauer with a belt drive (hence v quiet) any one have any experience of this manufacturer/type of saw.

I appreciate your advice :eek:

Sponsored Links
The problem is if you listen to everybody you wouldn't buy anything :!:

What I normally do is, pop down to the local library and look at their ' Which's magazine ' section and find out what they recommend & photocopy the details.They all have to go thru' a tough test & all this will cost you nothing :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back