Need a new mitre saw! help needed from the pros.

Sponsored Links
yes thanks for the spelling took 7 attempts to get it tha wrong ;)

aha juniper gin nice one ;)

not had a post yet helping me on my current searches, only other products and xmas cooking.

Sponsored Links
what do you mean when you say the dewalt is bare? Personally i cant speak for the 707, but ive had a 708 for the past 4 years. It has proved to be very very very reliable and accurate and has taken all kinds of punishment in all weathers.

Go for the best you can afford or push the budget if you can, it really is a false economy to by cheaper. Worth having a look around at various on line stores no for clearances and on e-bay for reputable sellers/stores who clear products through there.

sorry my fault :D

did you look at the several "usefull"answers we gave you!!!

had a look at them, tbh the 3 i mentioned were the ones i was looking at, ive looked everywhere else, i wanted to know peoples views on those 3.

ok for what its worth i have the dewalt dw712 slider and a 742 flip saw

the 712 is accurate and stays that way for months on end it is very well built and highly thought of by those who have them you can get them now for just over the £300 mark
it well thought of by anyone who has one

although your origional request is a valid one its going to be very difficult to get a direct answer
as most people only have experience with one saw within a quality range

i know unconnected banter can be annoying but it is a way of keeping a thread active and busy and with luck will get enough "attention " to draw out an answer :D

haha! dont worry mate, fill the thread up with what you want, so long as i get some info to. :D

I just got the ryobi ems-2431scl fine detail finish is a bit lacking "deburred casting flakes" paint work not great bit lumpy,
vertical was good straight from the box but setting the fence square to the blade took some doing,
I had to release the 3 bolt holding saw to the base and twist it there as there was not enough adjustment in the fence
to get a square cut, took me 1 1/2 hrs to get a square cut on a 10" board, the laser will need a tweak;
on the whole I got what I paid for, a big diy saw with a quality that does not shine, would I buy this again
not after being dishearten by trouble I had setting the fence, maybe it was down to transport as it was on its side in
the courier's van,
if its not raining or snowing then I'll get outside and try it out tomorrow and post again.
I've now till about may to get used to it that's when I hope to start renovation this old house ( new cut roof, floor joists,
studding, second fix).

Thanks for that write up, i have already left the ryobi off the list, im looking for a 2nd hand dewalt dw707 to keep me going till i get more work for one that will be used regularly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back