Mitre saw for skirting?

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Stock photos no doubt! ;)

FFX are good, I have used them a few times since this year, always happy with the result.

Stock photos no doubt! ;)

FFX are good, I have used them a few times since this year, always happy with the result.

Brilliant, I think I'll go for the Mak. OCD 178 - ME 0

Sorry for all the stupid questions, if I buy this one will I need to buy any other bits for it? or is she ready to go? I've read that I might need a finer tooth blade for a nice cut on skirting?

Probably want a finer blade if your cutting anything except timber. Other than that its good to go though.

And the linked one is 240v, I guess thats what you want?

Check a recent thread by me about circular saws, getting the right blade as they have different bore sizes!

Thanks buddy, I've read it.. great thread. Which blade would you personally go for with that Mak (for mdf skirting, architrave)

Thanks again

I'm not that experienced in that area, but I would probably use a 40 tooth, but a bit less would be fine.

With the 20 tooth (or thereabouts) I would worry about it tearing the wood up.

I'm not that experienced in that area, but I would probably use a 40 tooth, but a bit less would be fine.

With the 20 tooth (or thereabouts) I would worry about it tearing the wood up.

Thanks again, I've just "thanked" all your posts

So this saw will be fine for bigger skirting like 5/6" ? if so I'm about to purchase now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back