Mitre saw for skirting?

Sponsored Links
What size skirtings were you going to use . Anything 4 inch or bigger will be a struggle to cut using this saw.

Why not get a sliding version??? A bit more expensive but much more versatile
And as Foxhole said A coping saw is a must have Or it is if your going to do it properly

Sponsored Links
I think the skirting is 6".. I don't know the different types, which would you recommend?

Yes, I have a coping saw. I have done skirting but with a mitre box.. as I have so much do to I'd prefer a saw but have no idea which one

the 1 you can afford.

there all pretty much do the same thing,just buy the correct 1 for the size of what your cutting.
is it a 1 off job or you planning to use it alot?

obviously if you have the money go for a good make like bosch/dewalt/makita.
but again they cost a lot because they are very good machines and will last yonks.

the 1 you can afford.

there all pretty much do the same thing,just buy the correct 1 for the size of what your cutting.
is it a 1 off job or you planning to use it alot?

obviously if you have the money go for a good make like bosch/dewalt/makita.
but again they cost a lot because they are very good machines and will last yonks.

Thanks, budget up to £300ish, it will be for a house worth of skirting and architrave.. but may be used in the future too.. but certainlly not everyday for a job or anything.

Can you recommend one ? skirting would be max 6"

so that makita will do 4" skirting? (the one in the link I posted) as I only used bigger skirting in one room as the walls were a mess. All the other rooms should be fine

Yes it will, but by not getting a sliding mitre you are limiting yourself in the future - laminate flooring for example.

Yes it will, but by not getting a sliding mitre you are limiting yourself in the future - laminate flooring for example.

Will only be used for skirting and arch..

Just as a one off project? In that case go cheaper than the Makita, get an Evolution mitre or similar, quite a bit cheaper.

It will be for a whole house worth, and if I end up buying more houses it will be the same again. I to have a few makita tools already so it would be good to stick with that, £220 is fine aslong as it does the job but I'm not going to spend £800 on one ..looked at the evo ones they seem ok but i trust makita

I am sure during the time of doing a few houses up, you will need a sliding mitre, they are the same but with added flexibility.

I can't make you buy of course, but I highly recommend one, the slide function on mine is very regularly used.

It sounds like you intend a bit of work, so why not go for a Makita sliding one, or my favourite..... Hitachi!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back