Stove installation in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Just a quick one, we are installing a stove in our main bathroom. A inset type. Originally we wanted a cassette type but it was much too expensive. We are going to pipe it out horizontally (upstairs bathroom 2 storey home), but my query is, do we have to use a full length flue or can we use a similar flue system like what is used on oil central heating where it just comes out the wall and is sort of caged in? (Can't upload images to show you what I mean, but I think you will know what I'm talking about.) Does it need to be a certain length vertically, and is it not suitable to add a small flue say 3 feet long once it comes out of the wall? I'm of course going to get professionals in to do this, I'd just like to know my options before going ahead.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean a woodburning stove? If so the maximum permitted horizontal run is 150mm, and you need at least 4.5m of vertical flue. You're allowed to go out at 45°, but the 45° component can only be 20% of the total flue length, so if you have a 45° section of 2m, your total flue length would need to increase to 10m.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back