STRANGE DILEMMA - Faulty boiler, thermostat or receiver?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me with a bit of a strange dilemma.

I have a vaillant ecotec boiler, salus RT500RF stat and RT300RF receiver.

I've noticed a problem with the system. Basically, even though I've turned down the thermostat temperature, the receiver is still lighting up RED/GREEN and the boiler is flashing the central heating icon, hence the central heating is on.

The room thermostat though does not have a flame icon.

The only way to stop this issue is to switch off the receiver.

I've already changed the duracell batteries and reset the stat, but this hasn't made any difference.

What could be the issue?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it could be the receiver. Have you tried to re-pair the rf stat with the receiver? Have you inserted the batteries correctly?

The novice, you're brilliant. Thanks for this as it's resolved the issue and now everything is back in order.

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
have a feeling this might come back again, the two units have a frequency code that can be altered it is very easy to do, if you have a neighbor with the same stat they all are set with the same set up and theirs might be talking to your receiver, I always change the set up at installation, as said very easy to do

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back