Strange rad problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After partial drain down to replace a leaking valve on upstairs rad , found that after refilling etc one rad downstairs stays cold , pipe to it gets hot until about 1 meter from rad . Iv removed rad to flush out also opened both valves to check not faulty, both fine .. I'm thinking could it be the pump not up to job as other rads heat up fine only the one .. Any ideas appreciated befor I spend on new pump .. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Bleed to cold rad and then close other rads down to force flow through the cold one

Bleed to cold rad and then close other rads down to force flow through the cold one
got all other rads turned off , still no heat to problem rad , maybe pipe a little warmer leading to it .. Any ideas ? It's a downstairs rad with pipes coming down from upstairs so thinking its furthest from boiler as boiler in kitchen with pipes goin straight upstairs..update just started getting some heat to rad so hopefully done the trick so thanks for your advice .. Does it sound like I'd benefit from a new quality pump anyway ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back