strange urges.. what's wrong with me?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had a strong urge to go out and wash the car... at quarter to ten at night!!!
what's wrong with me?? my body clock must be all out of whack..

Sponsored Links
I've just had a strong urge to go out and wash the car... at quarter to ten at night!!!
what's wrong with me?? my body clock must be all out of whack..

Not often, but every now and then I get the urge to go out and do some exercise. I find that if I lay down in a darkened room, the urge soon goes away. Try it. :LOL:

I often have urges.
Wife soon puts a stop to them though! :LOL:

When I get the urge to do something physical that thing called gravity stops me getting out the chair.
When I have the urge to eat though nothing stops me! :LOL: :LOL:

At the hospital yesterday I was 11st 3lb and BP was 112 over 74.
Cholesterol was 4.9 and you should see the stuff I eat! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
No I'm not! Honest, I'm not. I mean it, I am not having one!
Its just the DT's!

:LOL: :LOL:

I'm on the "late night cycle" again it seems..
since becoming unemployed, every few months I start going to bed later and later until I'm going to bed at 8am and sleeping until 4 or 5 at night..
eventually I just force myself stop up all day and then tend to crash out at about 8 or 9 pm and get up next day at 5am ish..

I'm not entirely convinced it's not some form of depression....

I think you're suffering from a kind of condition where your sleep gets delayed to the point of opposite pole times ( read about it somewhere)ie.

you're sleep doesn't arrive until it's daylight. It will take a bit of will power to get back to normal patterns , this is similar to an addiction.
Summer's here so you should start to feel better.

My car could do with a clean if you feel like it ;) . It could be very therapeutic. :LOL:

I'm not religious and if I want to read fictional stories I have some stephen king's I've not read yet.. I don't need a book who's first page is missing.... the one that reads "Dedicated to my mom.." and says at the bottom of the page "This book is a work of fiction. Any similarities to persons, living or dead, is purely co-incidental." ;) :rolleyes:

You're not anywhere near Newbury as my car is filthy and cleaning it may be good therapy for you...

I'm on the "late night cycle" again it seems..
since becoming unemployed, every few months I start going to bed later and later until I'm going to bed at 8am and sleeping until 4 or 5 at night..
eventually I just force myself stop up all day and then tend to crash out at about 8 or 9 pm and get up next day at 5am ish..

I'm not entirely convinced it's not some form of depression....

And you expect sympathy re your unemployment? Get off your arse and get some self employed work. Stop feeling sorry for yourself.

I've just had a strong urge to go out and wash the car... at quarter to ten at night!!!.

Give in to those urges,

go out at a quarter to ten and wash the car

and you'll never do it again

I've tried washing cars in the dark. In the morning there are streaks and dirty patches that were missed and something in your subconscious files it away under "don't do that again"

Sponsored Links
Back