Streaks of condensation within upvc door panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just cleaning inside of our conservatory windows (contractors does outside) and noticed streaks of mist/condensation inside one of the doors. (Photo attached) Will I need to get original installers out to rectify? (Beyond ten year guarantee now)

Thank you

(Only seems to be the one panel)

Attachments

• 1A808F37-B153-46C3-A0AD-99C3F199B6E4.jpeg
    1A808F37-B153-46C3-A0AD-99C3F199B6E4.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 50
Sponsored Links
Easy fix not cheap, but much less than a new door. Use a local DG firm/ glaziers not a national company who will sell you several grands worth of new door! Just had a window done about 18" x 36" was about £100 I think, just to give you an idea. so I guess it will be over 200 but it only takes less than an hour for a new unit to be fitted, including a cup of tea and a custard cream!(y)

Thanks. So when you say new unit, you mean new glass panel as opposed to replacing whole door? The firm I used is local with good reputation, so happy to get them to do it.

Yeah, you just need the panel.

The silicon seals around the glazing bars have failed. In theory it is possible to dismantle the glass and reassemble it but it may be more prudent to just replace it. BTW, it needs to be toughened glass, but your local firm will know that anyway. The downside is that it will increase the lead time by up to a week. They need to cut the glass and send it off to be toughened before they can make the unit.

Sponsored Links
Do contact more than one local company though to get prices.

Last year I needed two small DG units, approximately 12 by 15 cm, the firm nearest to site wanted £120 (ex VAT). My local firm charged £40 (cash).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back