Strenghtening or fitting new joists flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I live in West Midlands and I was wondering how much does cost for strengthening/fitting new floor joists for a 2 bedroom house. The measurement are around 6 m by 4.5 m. If you could give me an idea, it would be great as I am looking for someone who can do a job by steps as I am going to do almost myself as DIY. thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo and welcome robert73 :D :D :D

are you talking loft ?
first floor ?
ground floor?
or whole house ?
you seem to suggest a diy job and also someone to do it as well i suspect you mean a mainly diy job ??
its just not quite clear ??

Right it is a 2 beds house, ground floor and first floor. At the top I have got a roof space which I would like to convert it. I was wondering I much it will cost me to strengthening a floor joists on the loft by a builder. I would like to make things right and properly. However, I am good at DIY and other things such plumbing, put the boards down, insulating, making partition walls, I can do myself without problems. I believe electricity I can do it but I cannot connect them as I need a professional electrician to do that, but doing the main job, like putting through wires, I can do it, am I right?
I just need to find out by a professional, how much does it cost to strengthening joists, also fit a small dormer window (already made, just need to add on the roof) and two velux window and a winding staircase. If someone is so kind to give us an idea so we know when we get some quotes we know we are on the right track.
Thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back