Strip plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im a diyer who self taught and replastered my last 2 houses. Haven't plastered in a while (multifinish) but I used to be fairly competent

Did a wall and ceiling this week - Had someone in to do the other 3 walls.

The dried finish on their walls is a uniform light pink (almost white!) My walls have a bit of a zebra stripe effect where the plaster has dried darker in places

It's painted now can't take a pic.

What am I doing wrong? Timing between coats / mixing / float angle / not enough time polishing?

If it makes a difference My 10 year finishing trowel had a Nick in it so I have a new one which although I have to a renderer for a job is no where near as broken in as my old one

Sponsored Links
As Ker plunk says, don't use too much water. If you use too much water when trowelling up, it makes the plaster too ""creamy", and weakens the plaster finish.

Sponsored Links
thanks, i do probably use too much water... will try less next time! which will probably be on Friday

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back