Stripping paint off & renovating a Victorian Staircase

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://victorianhouserenovationuk.blogspot.com/

a Link to my blogspot on the topic of renovating a Victorian Staircase by stripping off the old paint etc. including before and after photos etc.

I found the odd blog on the net on this subject, but not enough, so I felt I wanted to share my experience, having come out the other end, almost unscathed. x

Thanks
Jennie :LOL:

Sponsored Links
looks great but just wondering why you went for varnish and not french polish?

keep up the good work

regards

I have only done it once but it is amazing, also not that difficult to do on thin/narrow areas.

i wouldn't try a table though!!!

Imagine 15 coats of perfectly applied varnish and you will start to get the overall impression

I have worked for that client for 15 years and it was the first time his jaw had dropped.

Anyway too late now but hopefully you will get the chance to do it some time soon(ish).

So what is next?

Sponsored Links
Hmmmm, I'm not sure to be honest. We've already renovated most of the house, including the Minton floor.

Maybe it's time for a new house with a whole host of renovation projects still to do. ;)
x

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back