stripping wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to strip the top coat of my daughters wall paper off but its like a plasticky type.I was told you just peel it off which has worked in some places but most of it you can't get a corner.I have tried a steamer but this just seems to melt it ?

Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
Ssyeamer wont work on it..it sounds like vinyl, which is impervious to water.

Use a filling knife to pick away at the corners of it...the thin blade will slide under it better.....once all the top layer is off then soak the wall a couple of times with hot water (with a little drop of detergent added) then strip as normal...it should fall off virtually

I hope it's not like the room I stripped last week Scorpio. Took me a day and a half! (I'd planned on it taking a morning) It was a painted thin vinyl that had been on for years and was welded to the walls. Was taking ages with the steamer so I borrowed my mate's paper tiger and soaked the walls 3 times with hot soapy water. It wasn't much better after that either! Ended up using the steamer again. :(
I can sympathise Scorpio, take no notice of that nasty Zampa. ;)

Sponsored Links
take no notice of that nasty Zampa

One phone call to the tax man or the social will sort you out and make no mistake... :evil:

Beware greeks who brings gifts........and amuteur DIYers :p

gcol said:
ain't that the truth!

Shouldnt you two be watching changing rooms or DIY sos?

It takes years of training in the ancient noble art of 'bluff' to do what I do you know...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back