Strong & Stable, No Deal better than a Bad Deal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
May tabled a motion which she then instructed her MPs to vote against in a three line whipp.

Yes she asked her party to vote against herself.

Looks very likely that a third vote on her Deal will pass as the ERG are afraid a No Deal wont pass. So after voting twice against it they vote for it the third time.

So a Bad deal is better than a No Deal.

Seems like everything May says the opposite happens. Diane Abbacus eat your heart out.

Sponsored Links
Looking back at her speeches, and comparing her rhetoric to her behaviour and choices, it's obvious that there is a disconnect between what she says and what she does.

TM's speech
But, Mr Speaker, one area where the Rt Hon Gentleman the Leader of the Opposition and I do not agree is on his suggestion that the UK should remain a member of the EU Customs Union.
I would gently point out that the House of Commons has already voted against this.
https://www.gov.uk/government/speec...e-house-of-commons-on-brexit-12-february-2019

The government has survived an attempt by pro-EU Conservative MPs to change its post-Brexit trade strategy.
The MPs wanted the UK to join a customs union if it does not agree a free-trade deal with the EU.
But the government, which says a customs union would stop it striking new trade deals, won by 307 to 301.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44864496
17 July 2018
If TM can bring her motion to the floor time and time again, why doesn't someone bring this motion back for another vote?
It was only defeated by 6 votes last time, and a lot has become clearer since.

Sponsored Links
She's a remainer.

She voted for a No Deal yesterday. Funny remainer.

I take it the implication she is a remainer is that she is undermining Brexit and is sabotaging the process?

If so who would you want to replace her?

So parliament votes to beg the EU to delay the process if there is no deal...

Shortly after voting against allowing parliament to make the decisions...

And some people still wonder why the UK is indeed a laughing stock!

Back