Strongest concrete mix recipe

• Thread starter Jillilfixit
  • Start date
Thanks John.

Oil drum sound good but when it comes to move out, I will have to remove the anchor point. Lifting that sounds painful :D I need to get a good balance of not being able to move it while being moveable for when it comes to removing it when it comes to moving home. My garden is enclosed and has a large steel plate gate. If someone wanted to get in they could but it would mean climbing a spiked gate. Nothing will stop a thief with a portable portable battery angle grinder but they are noisey as you said. If someone used that I would hear it and if I'm not home, nor is my bike.

I only want to make this bold cropper proof because they are silent and I would hear anything loud like grinders.

I actually got my chain from a motorbike shop - almax series III apparently cropper proof. I also have a abloy 362 padlock which is a monster and would require serious skills to pick it. Bike isn't that great so with this set up it will put a potential thief off. I'm also going to get a Xena alarmed disc lock to attach to the bike; anyone moves tampers with it I will hear it for sure. Also I am getting a motion sensitive security light.

I have though about this a lot as you can tell :D

Casting grinder a side, the weak link is the weight of the anchor point and the strength of the concrete. The lafarge PDF link posted eailer sound ideal, just have to find a retailer that will sell me it.

I'm thinking 50kg will be hard to drag away but I think 75kg may be better but a bit on the hefty side when it comes to moving it later.

Sponsored Links
I think you need counselling. Just get a fold up bike and take it in the flat.

BTW everyone in here is a pro - not some mug DIYer, so they deserve a lot more respect than you are affording them.

Your best answer was from Noseall - way back at the start of the thread, but you seem to have ignored him completely.

I think you need counselling.

Thanks for the advice, I will book one asap.

Just get a fold up bike and take it in the flat.

That's brilliant, I am going to buy one right now...

BTW everyone in here is a pro - not some mug DIYer, so they deserve a lot more respect than you are affording them.

I have disrespected no one, not even you even when you still resort to name calling.

Your best answer was from Noseall - way back at the start of the thread, but you seem to have ignored him completely.

I actually acknowledged his advice when I explained what I meant by semi-movable.

Not going to feed the troll any more because that is what you sound like.

Thank you everyone else for your help and advice.

Have you checked with your landlord that he will allow a 75 kilo chunk of concrete on his property? It will look awful and who will pay for the public liability if someone falls over it, you? If he won't let you put an anchor point into the path or wall then he sure as hell won't let you do what you have in mind. Do you work? If so - what do you do that requires no intelligent input?

Sponsored Links
Have you checked with your landlord that he will allow a 75 kilo chunk of concrete on his property?

Read my earlier posts, repeated the answer at least twice.

It will look awful and who will pay for the public liability if someone falls over it, you?

Read my earlier posts - look for the word "enclosed", who's going to claim ? neighbours cat ?

Do you work? If so - what do you do that requires no intelligent input?

Well that was a very intelligent response, especially from a "professional" like yourself. Funny how you are the only one whining and throwing insults. Send me your address so I can send your cheque for all the valuable advice you kindly gave.

Joe, knock one out mate.

OP: My mate did a similar thing for his GSXR. Used a 2ft length of plastic tube about 18" diameter, an offcut of what they use for gas mains. (not saying you could easily acquire some but something similar should do)

Stuck a couple of lengths of 16mm threaded bar through the side (think kerplunk!) held in temporarily with nuts, threaded the bike chain around it, and filled with ordinary concrete, 4/1 mix, fairly stiff and covered the ends with plastic while it went off.

The thing must weight about 70-80 kilos, it would take an awful lot of graft to get through it all with just hand tools.

My cousin had to cut through some bike chain after he lost his keys, 3 disks with a 9" Dewalt grinder and took him about half hour. Battery grinder won't do ****.

Have you checked with your landlord that he will allow a 75 kilo chunk of concrete on his property?

Read my earlier posts, repeated the answer at least twice.

It will look awful and who will pay for the public liability if someone falls over it, you?

Read my earlier posts - look for the word "enclosed", who's going to claim ? neighbours cat ?

Do you work? If so - what do you do that requires no intelligent input?

Well that was a very intelligent response, especially from a "professional" like yourself. Funny how you are the only one whining and throwing insults. Send me your address so I can send your cheque for all the valuable advice you kindly gave.

I've read it once - that was enough. So what did he say when you told him about your 'clever' plan? The one that makes the place look like a tip? The one that has security lights installed without permission? The one that will upset your neighbours with alarms going off all night? The one that is a trip risk to residents?

Pssst... Jillilfixit. There's an ignore button in the top right hand corner of each post. It's a good way of dealing with trolls like Joe - you never have to hear from them again. ;)

The thing to remember about any security system is that it just buys time and acts as a deterrent - the idea is that the thieves will go off and look for something easier thing to steal. Bike chains and locks are designed with this in mind and will do the job nicely especially if you take Burnerman's advice and make sure that the padlock is suspended in mid air so that it can't easily be attacked. :)

The OP needs to run her plans past her landlord. She can ignore me if she likes - BUT - If I were her landlord I'd let her fit an anchor plate to a wall but would NOT let her go on with the ridiculous plan she is following. I'd make her remove the lot or kick her out.

Has she got his approval or not?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back