Struggling with replacement fascia, guttering etc...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to ask yet what is probably yet another roofline quote question but...

So we've just moved into a new house and need to get the fascias etc replaced as they have rotted away...

Anyway the problem I have is how to tell if the quotes I have got are reasonable. Unfortunately it seems no matter what I do I can't find companies that will quote like for like, therefore have been left with only one option at the moment (the one that in my eyes seems to do it correctly not just covering the compromised wood).

That aside here is the info:

Based in Wiltshire

Fascia 18mm, bird guard, eves protection, ventilation, guttering, gutter guard - 40 metre
6x downpipes
Bargeboard + single piece box ends (I think 4?) 10 metre
Shiplap - 5 metre
Scaffolding
Removal of all waste
Make good any damage to tiles, pointing, etc...

I've had quotes from the unrealistically low £1600 up to £4500. The above list of items came from a quote just under the £4k mark any thoughts as I'm so confused? Don't get me wrong I'm not looking for cheapest but good value for money, i.e. a good quality product at a fair price.

Really the things I'm trying to work out are:-

Am I paying over the odds as I can't get comparative quotes easily?
How can I work out I'm not choosing a untrustworthy company?

Sorry one further question, but is there any associations or bodies that I should look out for on these companies paperwork?

Thanks you so much for any feedback

Sponsored Links
without seeing it i would probably quote in the region of £3100 - £3500 for full replacement using "freefoam" fascia boards and flo-plast guttering. make sure you ask for over fascia vents aswell and you dont need gutter guard buts its up to you
I personally prefer to fit treated timber to the barge boards then clad over im sure others will beg to differ but i think its a more solid job
As for trade associations they are not usually worth the paper they are written on, most are paid membership so no vetting procedure, always try recommendation, and go and see their work, take your time your fascias are rotten already !!
I personally would offer an insurance backed guarantee and i am "trust mark" registered but you cant beat word of mouth

How old is your house and does it have small tiles? This will play a big part in how straight the new fascia is going to look.

We did 2 houses in Calne a few years ago (I think that's in Wiltshire, lol) :oops:

Sponsored Links
House is circa 20 yrs, and has the corrugated sort of shape.

Thanks for the ball park it gives me a good idea of roughly what I should expect.

Trade associations: I thought as much just a paid club for the logo. Shame really.

Its funny where my parents live in Surrey, companies are falling over trying to quote and fit. They had a huge number to pick from and picked the company they were most happy with, but it keeps looking like I have to choose the best of a limited bunch.

Thanks for the pointers, it is really appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back