Stuart turner pump problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Stuart turner pump in the garage which supplies the entire house hot and cold water . I have had pump serviced by a engineer as it was messing about , when you turned a tap on anywhere in the house it took maybe 3sec for the pump to kick in the once started it would run for maybe 3sec then off and on off and on very annoying ,it continued to do the same thing even after the service !!!!! If i hold a magnet to the sensors on the flow side off pump it works perfect , the sensors were also replaced but problem still occurs !!!!!!!!!does any one know what would be causing this ??????

Sponsored Links
How old is the pump? if you don't know then put on here the long number on top of the pump.

Andy

The pump is 5 years old I done the bucket test on it were i disconnected the load side pipes and let it run into bucket and it runs perfect no cutting out !!!?????

I assume its a negative head or universal pump ? if it is has anyone checked the vessel pressure ?

Sponsored Links
Ye it is negative head what would be a problem with the pressure vessel and how would I check it

Ye it is negative head what would be a problem with the pressure vessel and how would I check it

Turn off the pump at the main switch isolate the water supply and open a tap to relieve the pressure in the pump, unscrew the cap on the schreader valve and use a tyre guage to check the pressure, if its a 2 bar pump set pressure to 2.5 bar, 3 bar 3.5 ect.

It always surprises me that so many people doing plumbing work fail to check air pressures on expansion vessels.

I had a very easy repair job where British Gas had correctly added an external opressure vessel to a Potty Puma.

Only problem is they left it at the air pressure as supplied of 3 Bar and it was doing nothing to absorb expansion so the TRV was still dripping just as before!

Tony

Ok checked pressure and set it to 2.5 bar still doing the same thing could it be the pressure switch its self ??????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back