Stuart Turner pump, on going problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The problem with my Stuart Turner pump continues ...
Sometimes you wait for ages before water comes out of taps (6-10 seconds average) in the bathroom, sometimes it's OK. Have done the air in the system routine but nothing changes. Was considering opening pump up myself but now decided to call service engineer. Problem is there is no one listed for Cambridgeshire on the Stuart Turner website. Nearest chap is 40 miles away and not interested anyway.
Now what?
I think the pump is 7 years old.
Thanks all

Sponsored Links
Cant see any point in taking the pump apart unless there are signs of it leaking tbh, you could try fitting a non return valve on the outlet pipe though.

If I turn the pump off and turn taps on in bathroom there is very little flow from the taps at all. Is that to be expected when you have a pump on the system? In fact thinking about it, the overall flow from the taps with the pump on isn't what it used to be.
Spoke to ST this morning and they suggested a bucket test and upping the air 1 bar in the pump. Not sure if I am capable, but hey ho we'll see.
Any other suggestions apart from dumping it would be appreciated. Only two of us in the house so hasn't been thrashed!

Sponsored Links
At each radiator, at the same time, feel the temperature difference; is it small ( too much water through that radiator) or too large ( insufficient water flow through that radiator.

Do the same at the hot water cylinder

Report back with your findings

Sorry, am I being stupid? I don't quite understand. The pump in question is purely for shower and wasbasin taps in bathroom.

He hasnt read your post properly,,,,, what type of pump negative or positive head ?

Positive head.
Heating guy came to service our boiler last week and put some air in the pump. We will see what happens.

You've got a negative head pump ie. your shower head is very close to the water cistern or even above it.
The cylindrical vessel on the pump contains compressed air and needs checking perhaps annually....a simple diy job explained in the manual.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back