Stuart Turner pump problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Stuart Turner pump misbehaving. When you turn the taps or shower on in the bathroom there has been a hesitation before the water comes out for quite some time. This has now got much worse and it takes about 10 seconds for water to start to flow at the taps. Why is the pump taking time to cut in? Can I sort it myself or do I need a man who can? Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Probably magnetic reed switch or the internal shuttle that triggers reed switch.
If your in a hard water area will need check for scale ect.
If your competent with water and power easy enough to do otherwise get a engineer.

Thanks for your reply.
We have very hard water. The pump has been in 11 years. No trouble at all but never serviced or touched since fitting. Have watched one of Stuart Turner videos this morning on how to fit new seals etc. Tempted to have a look myself

Sponsored Links
Do I just switch power off to pump or do I have to drain water? Thanks

Hopefully there are isolation valves on the pipes to the pump. This is also where the little filters are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back